Child Development and Behavior Handouts
For facts, tips, strategies, and best practices on the teaching and care giving of young children, these handouts provide a wealth of information:
Pyramid Model for Promoting the Social and Emotional Development of Infants and Young Children (PDF format)
- Diagram on fostering the healthy development of young children
Facts About Young Children with Challenging Behavior (PDF format)
- Factsheet about the significance of young children with challenging behaviors, the costs of not addressing these behaviors, and the positive outcomes from early intervention
- Monitoring child development; interventions to address challenging behavior
Program Practices for Promoting the Social Development of Young Children and Addressing Challenging Behavior (PDF format)
- Research on and support for the proper social development of young children
- Monitoring development through peer interaction, friendship skills, recognition and communication of emotions, problem solving, and anger and impulse control
- Strategies to avoiding challenging behavior by creating effective classroom environments, proper scheduling, and the implementation of routines and rules
Addressing Persistent Challenging Behaviors (PDF format)
- The five steps to addressing challenging behaviors
- Social skills for academic success; increasing the school readiness of young children
Being an Evidence-Based Practitioner (PDF format)
- Reasons and strategies for, and challenges and practices of, being an evidence-based practitioner
Schools Offering Nanny Courses:
Matching School Ads
Why earn your degree at Grand Canyon University? GCU is a regionally accredited university offering graduate and undergraduate degrees in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more. Apply today!
- B.S. in Early Childhood
- B.S. in Elementary Education
- B.S. in Elementary Education / Special Education (Dual Major)
Experience an education that helps you realize your potential in a way that fits you best. Request more information about Post University today.
- B.S. in Child Studies
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education.
- Undergraduate in Early Childhood
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Administration
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose.
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education*
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs.
- BS in Early Childhood
Matching School Ads